Richard Plaschka PraeDocs Scholarship
The scholarship is awarded to postgraduate students from all over the world (except Austria) to undertake research at Austrian institutions, to establish and facilitate scientific cooperation in the fields of: humanities, historical sciences, archeology.
Accident insurance, health insurance and accommodation are paid independently by the scholarship holder:
- The Austrian Academic Exchange Service (OeAD-GmbH) offers accommodation (room in a hostel or apartment) with a payment of € 220-470 per month. For the accommodation – € 18 administrative fee;
- OeAD-GmbH can purchase health insurance and accident insurance from the scholarship for the fellow. On average, health insurance costs € 55-200 per month.
Requirements for applicants:
- subject matter specialists, historically or historiographically, related to Austria;
- may not apply in Austria for 6 months prior to applying for the scholarship
- Application form, filled in on-line: www.scholarships.at, to which should be attached:
- two letters of recommendation from university professors who defended their doctoral dissertation. Recommendations can be in any form on the letterhead of the university, with the date and signature of the teacher, not earlier than 6 months at the time of application for the scholarship;
- consent to the research of the lecturer who defended his doctoral dissertation of the host institution (completed and signed the “Betreuungszusage” consent form),
- scan of the first page of the passport,
- scan copy of a diploma of higher education, a scientific degree and qualification,
- a detailed description of the research project in Austria and a bibliography,
- scan copy of the diploma of higher education, or of a scientific degree and qualification.
Deadline for submissions: March 1, every year, and September 15 (early)
Contact person: Mag. Katharina Cepak
More info: http://oead.grants.at/out/default.aspx?TemplateGroupID=34&PageMode=3&GrainEntryID=5172&HZGID= 5527 & LangID = 1
Duration of scholarship:
4-12 months. If the scholarship is successfully completed, its term can be extended up to 18 months (total duration) if the required request is submitted.
Fellows are exempt from tuition fees. Fellows from non-EU, EFTA or OECD countries receive an additional up to € 1000 of travel expenses.