Scholarship from the Austrian Scholarship Fund for Undergraduate, Graduates and Postgraduates students
The scholarship is awarded to students, university graduates and postgraduate students from all over the world for study and research at Austrian higher education in the fields of: medicine, medical sciences, agriculture, natural sciences, technical sciences, humanities and social sciences, fine arts.
Accident insurance, health insurance and accommodation are paid independently by the scholarship holder:
- The Austrian Academic Exchange Service (OeAD-GmbH) offers accommodation (room in a hostel or apartment) with a payment of € 220-470 per month. For the accommodation — € 18 administrative fee;
- OeAD-GmbH can purchase health and accident insurance for the scholarship through the scholarship. On average, health insurance costs € 55-200 per month.
Requirements for applicants:
- under 35 years (for students and graduates)
- under 40 years (for postgraduates)
- application form filled in on-line;
- a study / research plan in Austria describing both planned and previously performed works;
- two letters of recommendation of any form from the applicant’s home university (letters must be on the letterhead of the university with signature and seal, not older than 6 months);
- scan copy of the first passport page;
- a consent of a lecturer of the Austrian higher education institution to scientific support during the scholarship (Betreuungszusage);
- if available a scanned copy of the high school diploma, bachelor’s, master’s, candidate’s degree;
- written confirmation of study at a bachelor’s, master’s or postgraduate degree at home university;
- for the descendants of former forced laborers – supporting documents.
The deadline for submissions is March 1, each year.
Duration of scholarship:
Fellows from non-EU, EFTA or OECD countries may be partially offset by travel expenses.