Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria for postdocs
The scholarship is awarded to PhDs from all over the world (except Austria) for research in Austrian institutions in the fields of: medicine, medical sciences, agriculture, natural sciences, technical sciences, humanities and social sciences, fine arts.
Accident insurance, health insurance and accommodation are paid independently by the scholarship holder:
- The Austrian Academic Exchange Service (OeAD-GmbH) offers accommodation (room in a hostel or apartment) with a payment of € 220-470 per month. For the accommodation – € 18 administrative fee;
- OeAD-GmbH can purchase health and accident insurance for the scholarship through the scholarship. On average, health insurance costs € 55-200 per month.
PhD`s who work as scientists at a university or research institution outside Austria may apply.
During the last six months, before applying for a scholarship, they must not work, study or do research in Austria.
Requirements for applicants:
- PhD degree;
- age up to 40 years;
- application form filled in on-line;
- a study / research plan in Austria describing both planned and previously performed works;
- two letters of recommendation of any form from the applicant’s home university (letters must be on the university’s letterhead with signature and seal, not older than 6 months). Recommendation and consent to scientific support cannot be written by the same persons;
- a copy of the relevant German or English language test certificate (the certificate is submitted in PDF format along with the application form);
- scan copy of the first page of the passport;
- a consent of the lecturer of the Austrian higher education institution to scientific support during the scholarship (Betreuungszusage);
- scan copies of the diploma of candidate of sciences;
- for the descendants of former forced laborers – supporting documents.
The deadline for submission of documents is March 1, every year.
Duration of scholarship:
Fellows from non-EU, EFTA or OECD countries may receive partial travel expenses.