Ernst Mach Scholarship to study at the Austrian specialized schools
The scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students who have completed at least four semesters of undergraduate studies and graduates to study at their country’s higher education in the fields of natural sciences, engineering, medicine, medical sciences, agrarian and social sciences.
Accident, health and residency insurance is paid independently by the fellow:
- The Austrian Academic Exchange Service (OeAD-GmbH) offers accommodation (room in a hostel or apartment) with a payment of € 220-470 per month. For the accommodation – € 18 administrative fee;
- The Austrian Academic Exchange Service may purchase a health and accident insurance policy for the fellow. On average, health insurance costs € 55-200 per month.
Requirements for candidates:
- age under 35 years;
- in the last six months, before applying for a scholarship, applicants must not work, study or conduct research in Austria;
- good knowledge of the language of instruction (English / German) should be confirmed.
- Application form, filled in on-line: www.scholarships.at, to which should be attached:
- two letters of recommendation from the applicant’s home university confirming the need to stay in Austria (in PDF format), not older than 6 months;
- confirmation from the home university that the exams passed in Austria will be credited for study at the home university;
- confirmation of enrollment in the Austrian Specialized School (Fachhochschule) of your choice (Aufnahmebestätigung / Acceptance Letter) as an exchange student or freemover;
- scan of the first page of your passport
- a scanned copy of the ECTS-book with all the exams completed so far.
Deadline for submissions: March 1, every year
Contact person: Mag. Katharina Cepak
More info: www.oead.grants.at/out/default.aspx?TemplateGroupID=34&PageMode=3&GrainEntryID=7288&HZGID= 7817 & LangID = 1
Duration of scholarship:
All scholarships are exempt from tuition fees. Fellows from non-EU, EFTA or OECD countries receive an additional payment of up to € 1000 in travel expenses.