Ernst Mach Stipendium World Scholarship
The scholarship is awarded to graduates and PhD students for study and research at higher education institutions in Austria in the fields of: medicine, medical sciences, natural sciences, technical sciences, humanities and social sciences, economics, fine arts.
Accident insurance, health insurance and accommodation are paid independently by the scholarship holder:
- The Austrian Academic Exchange Service (OeADGmbH) offers accommodation (room in a hostel or apartment) with a payment of € 220-470 per month. For the accommodation – € 18 administrative fee;
- The Austrian Academic Exchange Service can purchase a fellowship for medical and accident insurance through a scholarship. On average, health insurance costs € 55-200 per month.
Requirements for applicants:
- age under 35;
- they must not work, study or do research in Austria during the last six months before applying for a scholarship;
- very good knowledge of German or / and English
- Application form, filled in on-line: www.scholarships.at, to which should be attached:
- two letters of recommendation from the applicant’s home university, which must be on the letterhead of the university with signature and seal, not older than 6 months, shall be sent together with the application form);
- consent to research from a teacher at a host Austrian institution (completed and signed “Betreuungszusage” consent form).
- scan copy of the first page of the passport (photo and signature pages);
- scan copy of the diploma of higher education, of scientific degree and qualification;
- for postgraduate students only: written confirmation of postgraduate studies at their home university;
- for teachers only: written confirmation of teaching activity at home university.
The deadline for submission of documents is February 1, every year.
€ 1,050 for graduates and € 1,150 for PhDs
Duration of scholarship:
Fellows from non-EU, EFTA or OECD countries may incur additional travel expenses. All fellows are exempt from tuition fees.